|Selasa, 12 Ogos 2008 01:18|
THE SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN (PEREMPUAN) AIR PANAS (SMKPAP)was formerly known as the Air Panas Girls’ 1School. It is a secondary school for girls located in Setapak in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Fondly known as APGS in the old days, the school is located less than a kilometre away from the famous Setapak hotsprings (or Air Panas in Bahasa Malaysia).
The school is a Government public school, catering from Remove Classes to Sixth Form, which was recently introduced. Today, SMKPAP is an up and coming school which has received numerous awards at both district and national levels.School Hours:
Upper Secondary (Form Three to Six)
Lower Secondary (Remove to Form Two)
Students may purchase food from the school canteen. All food is ‘halal’.
For new students - what are the fees (standard and recurring)
For new enrollment:
1966 The year Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (P) Air Panas was set up. Puan Hannah Edith David was the first Principal. Students were placed at Sekolah Menengah (P) Jalan Ampang and it was first called Sekolah Menengah Perempuan (2) Jalan Ampang. The classes cater for form 1, 2 and 3 students only. Due to insufficient classroom, 4 of the classes were held at Sekolah Menengah (L) Jalan Ampang.1968 ? In March, the school was moved to Jalan Air Panas and was known as Sekolah Menengah Jenis Kebangsaan (P) Air Panas Setapak. At that time, the school has only 3 buildings (block A, B dan C).
1969 Three Form 4 classes were established.
1970 Form 5 classes were established. MCE candidates sit for their exam in this school.
1974 - A few blind students from Sekolah Menengah Kanak?Kanak Buta, Jalan Genting Klang were sent to study in this school by Ministry of Education.
1975 - The school was officially opened by Deputy Educational Minister En. Chan Siang Sum (JSM, JP, PJK).
1980 - Pn. G Rajendran became the Principal of this school.
1981 - Awarded as the cleanest school of Keramat Zone and the second cleanest canteen in Wilayah Persekutuan.
1983 - A building was built and known as Block E.
1984 - Pn Ramlah bt Hussein became the Principal.
1988 - Pn Hjh Robeahtun Dato’ Ahmad Damanhuri became the next Principal.
1989 - A block of ‘Kemahiran Hidup’ workshop was built.
1990 - Pn Hamisah bt Jaafar became the Principal. 1992 - Miss Hoo Nyok Yin became the sixth Principal.1993 ? The opening ceremony of a new 4 storey building (Block D) by YB Dato’ Dr Sulaiman Bin Mohamed, DPMS, (Deputy Minister in the Department of Ministry).
1995 - Resos room was built specially for blind student.
1996 The inauguration of SAL room, Math’s Laboratory and Media room as well as “Canteen Day” by Tuan Haji Mohd Zin B Ishak AMN, BCK, PJK (Director of Education for Wilayah Persekutuan).
- March – Pn. Noor Rezan bt Bapoo Hashim became new Principal.
- June – Pn. Hjh Mishah bt Hussien, A.M.N. became the next Principal
- Became a champion for 3K competition (State level)
- The opening of Counseling and Art rooms as well as Men’s prayer room.
The opening of ‘Muafakat’, ‘Pengurusan Diri’ and ‘Baitulhikmah’ rooms. The erection of many mini gardens with the concept of science and technology has also transform the physical appearance of the school.
- Fifth place in the 3K competition (National Level)
- Third place for ‘Sekolah Harapan Negara’ (State Level).
Science and Mathematics source room, ICT, Social and Vocational Subject room were opened. Basketball court had been renovated into hockey, netball and volleyball court.
- One form six class was opened.
- The volleyball court has been changed into computer laboratory.
- The school assembly was carried out in English Language every Wednesday. The school has also been chosen as ‘Sekolah Rintis Program Selamat’ with the policy of every body in the school will be safe in coming and going back from the school as well as the student are safe from sexual harassment
- The school has been nominated as ‘Sekolah Cemerlang Public Bank’ by Jabatan Pendidikan Wilayah Persekutuan
- Winner of ‘Sekolah Harapan’ (High school category) and fourth place in the National level.
- Visited by 120 student and teacher from Japan.
Pn Hjh Mishah Husin was appointed as Senior Principal (Pengetua Kanan)
- The computer laboratory start operates. Mathematics, SAC and PAK BM room were moved to block D. PAK BM were change into “Pustaka Za’aba“.
- Started the Safe School Programme with the help of community around the school area. Became the second runner up for Safe School Programme (State level).
- The school library has been upgrade with the introduction of automation system and was officiated on 8 August 2003 by Yang Berbahagia, En. Yaakob Wan Ibrahim, the Director of Department of Education,
Rias’s Restaurant under MPV Panel started their operation.
SMK (P) AP hand ball’s group were making a history when Group B (under 18) became the winner while Group B (under 15) became the second runner up for Zone Keramat. Three of students were chosen to represent MSSM.
- SMKPAP became the winner of ‘Anugerah Kualiti Pengurusan Kewangan Wilayah Persekutuan 2004’.
- SMKPAP became the winner in Kemahiran Hidup contest for schools in
- Awarded second place for School Science Laboratory contest among high schools in
|Terakhir dikemaskini ( Isnin, 29 November 2010 20:57 )|